Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Writer Needs A Reader

Just one.

That's really all it takes to be a writer - one reader.

I have several kind souls in my Circle of Life who read what I write. Sometimes they read without comment, sometimes they suggest something new, sometimes they affirm and applaud, sometimes they are inspired to write their own beautiful words.

And then I am the reader.

This is - to me - the most magnificent dance of grace and delight: moving to the rhythm of the written word - borne of a heart, inspired of a soul, created of a mind, brought to life by the running of fingers across a keyboard.

Stand up...take a hand...join the dance.

You may write. You may read. It's all part of our wonderful waltz through these days.

Thanks for being here.

- MdlP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here Is a Bit About Me

My photo
I like sunrises. Sunsets. Strong coffee. Gentle music. Pretty words. People's stories.